March 7th-12th 2014, The Werkstation is hosting it’s second ‘Werk The Booth’ contest, this time in conjunction with EMI publishing producer ‘Fatboi’ who is in search of the most Creative, Unique and Talented artist / songwriter / instrumentalist of All Genres. Finalists will receive the opportunity to collaborate with Fatboi in studio on a current project. The winner (Artist or Instrumentalist) will receive Patchwerk Studios' 'Single Deal' OR (Writer) have their song shopped to a well-known artist for potential placement.
Contest Rules Patchwerk Recording Studios will hold a contest to see who is ready for work under the spotlight. The Werkstation Contest Rules are as follows:
- Eligible contestants include:
c) Artist/Songwriter in one
d) Artist/Songwriter duo
- Contestants are required to bring their music on a CD or a flash drive (music brought on a phone will not be accepted). You may record an acappella.
- Each contestant will have up to 30 minutes to record his or her piece in the Werkstation booth and each track recorded will automatically be entered into the contest. (Original pieces are preferred but not required)
- The fee to record is $20 for 15 minutes or $35 for 30 minutes. There is an additional $5 fee if you’d like to take home a CD of your session.
- Fatboi will choose the top three entries from the week. Artist entries will be judged on vocal ability only. Songwriter entries will be judged on creativity & uniqueness only. Instrumentalist entries will be judged on musicianship only.
- All three (3) finalists will be invited to Patchwerk Recording Studios where they will have 2 hours to collaborate with Fatboi on a song.
- Out of three (3) finalists, One (1) winner will be selected. The winner (Artist or Instrumentalist) will get their final song mixed, mastered, registered and distributed worldwide via iTunes and Amazon mp3 OR (Writer) will get their final song shopped to a well-known artist for potential placement.
- In addition, if Fatboi likes what you do; he may sign the winner to a publishing or developmental deal.
- Reservations for The Werkstation contest may now be made in advance. To reserve your time at The Werkstation call 404-422-4813
About Fatboi (born LaDamon Douglas) is a producer from Savannah, Georgia signed to EMI publishing. Fatboi has produced beats for artists including Nicki Minaj, Ludacris, Gucci Mane, Young Jeezy, Rocko, Shawty Redd, Flo Rida, Bow Wow, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Juvenile, Yung Joc, Gorilla Zoe, OJ Da Juiceman, 8Ball & MJG, Jeremih, 2 Chainz, Bobby V, and more.